Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Electrolux concept laptop is also a stove

Electrolux has a Design contest every year, and I take it that they just love concept designs. This laptop is one of the more unusual ones.I don’t know how practical it is, and you can see how easy it is to describe.


It is a laptop that has a stove on it, for crying out loud.The first thing I could think of was “where is the keyboard”? I was guessing that it needed a separate keyboard, preferably wireless. Yet I have heard that it has touchscreen computer touch controls. You better make sure the burner is off before you start to type.

I have to admit that I like the idea of a stove laptop. I have gone to many conferences, and I wouldn’t mind cooking my own meals instead of eating the high-priced meals around the conferences. The designer, Dagan Trenchevski, has stated that this is exactly what this is supposed to do, and it is good for campers as well.

I don’t know how the battery can work with the burner on. Also, if you shut this thing while the burner is on, will the screen melt? I’m not looking forward to 911 calls where someone says: “I burnt my hand on my laptop!”

Source: coolest-gadgets.com

A helmet that sends SOS on accident!

The brainchild of an India-born chef for top cyclists, a new 'life saver' bike helmet that connects with your phone and alerts em...